My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ten Dozen Peanut Butter Cookies

I don't make a lot of cookies and I don't make them often yet when I do I turn to my Betty Crocker's Cookbook (circa 1969) for easy recipes.  There is a lot of history behind that cookbook!  My Mom gave it to me as a wedding gift that has served me well over the years.  It is my most prized and cherished cookbook and while I have a smaller Betty Crocker's New Cookbook (1996) and the newest copy of the the big red Betty Crocker Cookbook (2011), I still turn to my cherished 1969 edition. 

peanut butter cookies in the oven
My husband's favourite cookie is peanut butter.  I make them a couple of times a year using my tried and trusted recipe for peanut butter cookies from Betty Crocker's Cookbook (circa 1969).  I have used this recipe since being a newlywed.  It has brought many a smile over the years. 

If you have been following this blog you will know we recently moved and I made the ultimate decision to switch to natural gas as a cooking fuel.  This was a hard decision as I seriously loved my Jenn-Air slide in range.  I was determined to switch to natural gas with this move due to the ever rising costs of hydro in Ontario, Canada as well as being able to accommodate the larger stock pots and pressure canners I use on a regular basis.

I made a large batch of peanut butter cookies a couple of days ago, ten dozen to be precise.  I have read a lot of complaints about natural gas ovens with respect to them having hot spots so was a bit nervous baking cookies for the first time.  Pictured is a tray of the peanut butter cookies in the oven.  Granted I have gone from three oven racks to two but other than that, the cookies baked nicely without a problem.

ten dozen peanut butter cookies
So what does ten doezen peanut butter cookies look like?  Voila!  The white tray was prepared for a larger event we were hosting last Saturday.  I apologize for the quality of the picture as the cookies were not over baked!  I'm getting used to the lighting in the new kitchen that is resulting in a few less than ideal pictures. 

Peanut butter cookies freeze nicely so I set the tray aside for the weekend, filled a container with cookies for my husband to take to the office then packaged the rest for freezing.  It was a very productive evening!  Oh my gosh did the house ever smell good and my husband was in seventh heaven seeing that many peanut butter cookies.  Next up, shortbread cookies!


0 food lovers commented: