My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Friday, July 10, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


It is always a surprise and please to receive a blog award! I am very honoured to be presented with the Kreativ Blogger award. The award is very much appreciated! Thank-you so much Charlotte of Canning Jars Etc. for nominating me for this award.

Charlotte lives in Iowa, USA. Her blog focuses on canning information and recipes presented in a lovely, down home style. Her love of canning shines throughout her blog. Please take a moment to stop by and say hi. I'm sure you will enjoy her blog as much as I do. I will mention that she already took a couple of things I would have used on point 4 (follows). Hmm, I think we may just be kindred spirits!

Seven things about myself that people might find interesting:

  1. My family is my priority.
  2. I've been a nature lover since day one so being eco-friendly is extremely important to me.
  3. I am a chronic multi-tasker. Sitting idle is not an option for me.
  4. Even though I cook most days, I cook more when I'm stressed! This seems to suit my family quite nicely :)
  5. I'm a techo geek who loves to experiment with anything to do with technology.
  6. I do a lot of genealogy research in my spare time and can now trace my family back into the early 1500's. I'm a stickler for detail in my research so primary documentation is critical.
  7. Academically my area of expertise is medical genetics. I hold four degrees and firmly believe in life long learning .
I nominate the following bloggers to receive the Kreative Blogger Award:
  1. Maggie author of A Taste of Both Worlds
  2. Daily Cute
  3. Leanne author of Tired Mama
  4. Emm (Mandy) author of Emm in London
  5. Cyn author of Creative Canning
  6. Wanda author of 1 Blogs and 2 Sides
  7. Cooked From the Heart
To accept this award do the following

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


2 food lovers commented:

JMom said...

Aw, I'm flattered :) Thank you for the award! I'll pass it on soon.

maggie said...

thank you for the award, I appreciate it much.

i'll post it later, thanks again.