My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ranch Pizza

It's always interesting eating out because you never know what you will find. The experience can serve as a catalyst to creativity in the home kitchen. Other sources like the Food Television Network, magazines and cookbooks can do the same thing. I came across the idea for ranch pizza somewhere along the line. The basic idea stuck in my mind so I set about to recreate what I thought it should be.

Ranch Pizza

Pizza is such a versatile food that can be served as a meal, snack or appetizer. Crust options are as varied as topping offerings. The most common pizza sauce tends to be tomato based. I made this pizza using ranch dressing for different spin. Instead of mozzarella cheese I married the flavours of cheddar and Harvarti with the ranch dressing. The end result got rave reviews!

Ranch Pizza

2 pre-made pizza crusts
1 c ranch dressing
½ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ c shredded medium cheddar cheese
½ c shredded Harvarti cheese
1 pk spinach, steamed and drained
¼ c chopped onions
¼ c finely sliced green onions
¼ c finely chopped red peppers
1 c cooked turkey, cubed
½ c bacon pieces, cooked

Prepare vegetables and shred cheeses. Rinse and steam spinach. Drain then cut into pieces. Cut bacon into inch pieces then fry until cooked but not too crispy. Drain. Cut turkey. Spred ranch dressing onto pizza crusts. Top evenly with cheeses then toppings. Bake at 400ºF until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is golden brown. Remove from oven. Slice into wedges.


2 food lovers commented:

jayedee said...

you should have an ask gg blog! LOL

here's your first question!

dear gg,
i would like to make my own corned beef for st paddy's day. do you have a recipe to share with me?

signed
erin go braless :-P

Garden Gnome said...

Hmm, an "Ask GG Blog". There's an idea :)

Dear Erin (which ever way you want to go),
I have only made corned beef once using one already corned that came with a seasoning pack. The end result was less than expected. Not to be discouraged, I am going to try corning my own brisket following the recipe at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage/Detail.aspx using Morton's Tender Quick instead of Kosher salt. I won't be doing it for St. Patrick's Day dinner though. Instead, we will be having Irish stew.

GG