My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fellow Bloggers on BlogExplosion

I have had a space for rent on my blog through BlogExplosion. Everytime I try to accept an offer, I get an error message "An error occured while trying to accept the offer. Please try again." I want everyone to know I'm not snubbing them and I have notified BlogExplosion of the problem


6 food lovers commented:

Political Realm said...

I've seen other people mention this problem too. I'm betting it has something to do with the server switch.

Do you have any good recipes for a french dip? I'm trying one tonight via the slow cooker.

Scrappyilse said...

Hi,

I have the same problem as do others. So far there's no solution....... And Blogexplosion is NOT responding to any question at the moment (at least that's my experience......). Too bad......

Garden Gnome said...

I haven't had a reply yet. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

For French dip, I do a roast seasoned with Worchestersire sauce, onions, Montreal steak spice, garlic and a little water roasted slow on low heat. When the roast is ready, I remove from the oven let rest 10 minutes then slice thin. The slices are placed on a toasted French roll and served with the au jus in individual dipping bowls. Enjoy!

Matthew said...

my rent blog won't work either, i took mine down

BE blows with support, i remember when i tried to get accepted months ago, it took 3weeks +

Unknown said...

I've had the same problem.

Political Realm said...

About the french dip, thanks for the tip.

Do you cook the au jus with the roast or make it separately? I did it with the roast and thought it was just too fatty.